SRTS Encouragement strategies can help increase the popularity of walking, bicycling, or rolling to school in quick, easy, and inexpensive ways!
NEW! Customizable Walk, Bike and Roll Encouragement Materials
Insert your program information and logo into these customizable Walk, Bike and Roll materials!
- Punch Card (Word)
- Poster (8.5 x 14) (Word)
- Poster (8.5 x 11) (Word)
- Parent Flyer (Word)
- Parent Flyer_Spanish (Word)
- Parent Flyer_Chinese (Word)
- Parent Flyer_Korean (Word)
- Parent Flyer_Hmong (Word)
- Walk to School Day, Week, and Month – learn more at our California Walk to School Headquarters
- Walking Wednesdays and other year-round ideas
- Mileage clubs and contests
- Golden Sneaker Award – The “Golden Sneaker Award” is simply a sneaker spray-painted gold and placed on a pedestal. It can be used as the trophy awarded to the class with the most children walking and bicycling to school.
- Walking School Bus and Bicycle Train
- Include incentives* as part of your education and encouragement programs. Examples of incentives include:
- Key chains
- Jump ropes
- Helmet charms
- Water bottles
- Dog tags
- Shoe charms
*Note: For Caltrans-funded SRTS projects, all incentives for encouraging children to walk or bike to school must include either a message regarding walking or biking “safety” or improve safety for walking or biking.