National Bike to School Day is May 6, 2015!
- Download Bike to School Logos here.
- Download posters and other materials and customize it with your program information and logo!
NEW! Customizable Walk, Bike and Roll Poster!
- Guide to Organizing a Bicycling Skills Event for Children, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Bike to School Day Organizer Guide [PDF], San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- An Organizer’s Guide to Conducting Bicycle Rodeos, New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee, NHTSA-funded
Bicycle Safety Training and Resources
- NEW The new NHTSA ‘Bikeology’ curriculum for middle and high school students
- NEW The new study, Bicycle Safety Education for Children from a Developmental and Learning Perspective, NHTSA – This report describes the nature of children and adolescents’ bicycle injuries in addition to understanding the types of programs that exist and their effectiveness. It also explores the psychological domains related to riding a bicycle in childhood and adolescence such as motor skill development, cognitive development, brain development, and risk-taking and social influences.
- NEW Let’s Go NC!, North Carolina Department of Transportation – Elementary curriculum for bicycling and pedestrian safety
- NEW Check out the great bike safety quizzes for adults, children, and motorists from the Orange County Transportation Authority: http://www.octa.net/Share-the-Ride/Safety-Awareness/Overview/
- NEW 3 Feet for Safety Resources from the Orange County Transportation Authority including campaign materials in multiple languages: http://www.octa.net/Share-the-Ride/Bike/3-Feet-For-Safety-Act/
- School Policy Manual for Safe Bicycle Riding, California Department of Public Health
- Ride Smart – It’s Time to Start video to teach middle and high school youth about how wearing a bicycle helmet can protect them from serious injuries and death, NHTSA
- Bicycle Safety Tips for Parents , National Center for Safe Routes to School
- Bicycle Safety Tips for Kids , National Center for Safe Routes to School
- Bicycle Helmet Parent-Child Pledge, NHTSA
- Parent Tip Sheet for helping children learn to ride without training wheels, from the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- Find a League of American Bicyclists League Certified Instructor
- Bicycle Safety Information and Downloadable materials, California Department of Public Health
- Bicycle Safety Curriculum, Bicycle Transportation Alliance (4th – 7th Grade)
- Family Biking Guide
- NHTSA, Find English and Spanish information, including:
Bicycle Safety Public Service Announcements
- NEW AAA and League of American Bicyclists Share the Road PSAs - Three different videos addressing Sharing the Road safely
- Traffic Safety Toolkit with Chuggington, NHTSA
Fitting Bicycle Helmets
- SafeKids USA, online video (1-minute)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Downloadable in English and Spanish
Sample Policies and Resolutions
- Fostering Student Success by Preventing Brain Injury – A School Policy Manual for Safe Bicycle Riding
- Mayor/City Council Resolution Template (for Walk to School Month), Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation
- Sample School District Resolution, San Francisco Bicycle Coalition